Welcome to day four of our holiday blog giveaway! I hope you are enjoying these giveaways as much as I am in coordinating them. Today’s giveaway is an autographed copy of Rosemary Clement Moore’s The Splendor Falls I called this book the best read of 2009.
The Splendor Falls
Sylvie Davis is a ballerina who can’t dance. A broken leg ended her career, but Sylvie’s pain runs deeper. What broke her heart was her father’s death, and what’s breaking her spirit is her mother’s remarriage—a union that’s only driven an even deeper wedge into their already tenuous relationship.
Uprooting her from her Manhattan apartment and shipping her to Alabama is her mother’s solution for Sylvie’s unhappiness. Her father’s cousin is restoring a family home in a town rich with her family’s history. And that’s where things start to get shady. As it turns out, her family has a lot more history than Sylvie ever knew. More unnerving, though, are the two guys that she can’t stop thinking about. Shawn Maddox, the resident golden boy, seems to be perfect in every way. But Rhys—a handsome, mysterious foreign guest of her cousin’s—has a hold on her that she doesn’t quite understand.
Then she starts seeing things. Sylvie’s lost nearly everything—is she starting to lose her mind as well?
Gothic Gift Love
This is a fantastic gift for young adult fans of all ages. The beauty of this book is found in the rich writing and the colorful atmosphere. Like Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice, The Splendor Falls is easily a classic just waiting for a literature class.
1. You comment on the blog in order to be entered into the drawing.
2. You must include whom you want to give the gift too. You do not have to name names or post their email information, just a short blurb about what they mean to you or why it’s important they receive it. You can be a real secret Santa as well.
3. Each drawing will last 24 hours unless otherwise noted. (7 a.m. to 7 a.m. CST)
4. Winners will be notified by email so make sure I have that or access to it via your profile. Upon notification, you let me know whom the gift is going to.
5. You may only win one giveaway, once you win one you cannot enter into anymore.
6. Spread the holiday cheer for everyone celebrating Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Yule, Christmas and more.
Let Rosemary Clement Moore and the Daily Dose be a part of your holiday plans. Enter to win this fantastic book for someone you love! Entries close at 7 a.m. Central on Wednesday, December 2.