All I have to say is yum
. Krystal Shannan joins us today with this delicious recipe and an even sweeter giveaway.
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + cooling
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold butter
2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup bourbon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups pecan halves, divided
3/4 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, divided
1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water; toss with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Flatten into a disk. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
2. On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate and flute edges.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrups, bourbon, butter and salt until blended. Stir in 1 cup pecans and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour filling into crust; sprinkle with remaining pecans and chocolate chips. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is puffed. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 642 calories, 33 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
(credit for recipe to Taste of Home Magazine – I make it every year and it is amazing!)
Heather Long’s Holiday Giveaway
As we go into the holiday season, I have been asking myself what I can do or how I can give to others. It has been a tough year for my family and a tough year for many families whether it is our soldiers fighting overseas, their families waiting at home, death in the families, divorces, economic hard times, cutthroat politicians trading on fear and hate and last, but most certainly not least tragedies such as those faced in Paris, Beirut, and many other places.
We are very familiar with the choke of the times. Here, I wanted to give something back this holiday season. Years ago, one of my local radio stations used to have write ins for people to nominate families for Christmas or holiday gift certificates. Nominated families or individuals included those who really were not going to have much to celebrate because they couldn’t afford gifts or decorations or a big Christmas meal.
Beginning today and lasting until December 18, I am hosting a holiday give away post featuring an item and the author who is giving it away. To enter, all someone has to do is nominate the person they want to send the gift to and post a short reason why. If that person wins, then the gift will be sent to the recipient with a note wishing them a happy holiday season signed from the author giving it away, me and of course the person who entered them.
So far, I have several authors and items pledged to this effort. Be sure to visit daily throughout the holiday season and nominate those you love and care about and send them a gift – and yes, I will send them around the world!
Holiday Giveaway Rules
For a chance to win:
- Nominate the person you want to send that day’s gift to and a short reason as to why. (All entries in comments are counted toward final giveaways whether you use rafflecopter or not)
- For an extra entry, spread the word about this giveaway: Blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. – leave a link in the comments.
- Leave your email with your comment ONLY IF it is NOT part of your profile.
- This giveaway is open to everyone for nominations, however you cannot enter yourself.
- You may only win one gift to send.
- Giveaways begin November today and run through December 18.
As a special edition to the giveaway, several of the authors have donated towards gift cards that will go to three lucky commentators for giving the gift of caring to someone else in their lives. Every time you nominate someone for a prize is an opportunity to be listed in this giveaway. The final winners will be announced on December 19, so be sure to watch for it!
Thank you to the readers for hanging out with me each day, even when I have nothing to say (which is far more often than I’d like!).
In addition to sharing the delicious recipe, Krystal is offering up one autographed copy of My Eternal Soldier
“Vampires have never been so sexy or dangerous!” –Liliana Hart, NYT Bestselling Author of the Rena Drake Series
The saga continues with the vampire Eira and an immortal Elvin from the Veil. Join me in Sanctuary again for an adventure that will knock the breath from your chest, bring tears to your eyes, and keep you turning the pages all night. Its Werewolves, Djinn, Dragons, Vampires, and more!
The last time he saw her, his sword was in her chest. Inner demons have haunted Killían North since he killed the only woman he ever loved on a battlefield a thousand years ago…at least he thought she’d died. He unexpectedly gets a second chance to win her heart again, if he can just stay alive to do it. Evil lurks around every bend in the road. Magick, romance, and heart-pounding suspense greet them at every turn. But he’s determined to find a happily-ever-after with the woman he loves no matter what.
The last time she saw him, she was dying… When the werewolf rescue squad Eira Rennir sets off with is ambushed by SECR military forces, she barely makes it away with her life. Willing to do anything to save her friends, Eira agrees to the mysterious destiny in Sanctuary she’s been avoiding for months. Only with help from Sanctuary, can they find a way to save her friends from the treachery of Xerxes and forge a new destiny with each other in a world that’s been torn apart by hatred and prejudice.
a Rafflecopter giveaway