Greetings, all! I’m Lisa Carlisle and I write paranormal,
military, and new adult romance. I love to write about misunderstood paranormal
characters. My Chateau
features the gargoyle shifter turned vampire, Antoine, a
mysterious sculptor who lives in a remote castle where he’s established an art
colony. The Highland
series features five hot gargoyle brothers on the Isle of Stone,
which is shared by tree witches and wolf shifters. Do you sense a theme? Yes, I
love writing about gargoyle shifters, as well as their interactions with humans
or other supes.
Glad to be here today to chat about the holidays. I thought
about some of my favorite things this time of year and came up with a top ten
Ten things I love
about the holidays:
- Days off school and work to spend time with family.
- Seeing family and friends whom I don’t get to see often enough.
- Helping out others who are less fortunate.
- Watching holiday movies with the kids – especially Christmas Story, Home Alone, and Elf
- Going to a performance with the family. Blue Man Group is their favorite so far.
- A White Christmas! I live in New England so it often happens and if it’s enough, we can go skiing.
- My husband’s Christmas lights – he goes overboard every year, despite his fear of heights.
- Themed parties – I have an Ugly Christmas Sweater one coming up!
- Picking out the tree; decorating it while listening to music.
- Listening to Christmas music while drinking cocoa and wrapping presents. Or in my case, putting in bags since I can’t wrap…
I’d love to read some of your favorites. Comment below!
I hope you’ll visit my site
where I have book blurbs,
excerpts, trailers, and other fun bits about the books. Be sure to sign up for
the newsletter while you’re there so you don’t miss any new releases, free
reads, or specials.
For Heather’s Holiday Giveaway!!
As we go into the holiday season, I have been asking myself what I can do or how I can give to others. It has been a tough year for my family and a tough year for many families whether it is our soldiers fighting overseas, their families waiting at home, death in the families, divorces, economic hard times, cutthroat politicians trading on fear and hate and last, but most certainly not least tragedies such as those faced in Paris, Beirut, and many other places.
We are very familiar with the choke of the times. Here, I wanted to give something back this holiday season. Years ago, one of my local radio stations used to have write ins for people to nominate families for Christmas or holiday gift certificates. Nominated families or individuals included those who really were not going to have much to celebrate because they couldn’t afford gifts or decorations or a big Christmas meal.
Beginning today and lasting until December 18, I am hosting a holiday give away post featuring an item and the author who is giving it away. To enter, all someone has to do is nominate the person they want to send the gift to and post a short reason why. If that person wins, then the gift will be sent to the recipient with a note wishing them a happy holiday season signed from the author giving it away, me and of course the person who entered them.
So far, I have several authors and items pledged to this effort. Be sure to visit daily throughout the holiday season and nominate those you love and care about and send them a gift – and yes, I will send them around the world!
For a chance to win:
- Nominate the person you want to send that day’s gift to and a short reason as to why. (All entries in comments are counted toward final giveaways whether you use rafflecopter or not)
- For an extra entry, spread the word about this giveaway: Blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. – leave a link in the comments.
- Leave your email with your comment ONLY IF it is NOT part of your profile.
- This giveaway is open to everyone for nominations, however you cannot enter yourself.
- You may only win one gift to send.
- Giveaways begin November today and run through December 18.
As a special edition to the giveaway, several of the authors have donated towards gift cards that will go to three lucky commentators for giving the gift of caring to someone else in their lives. Every time you nominate someone for a prize is an opportunity to be listed in this giveaway. The final winners will be announced on December 19, so be sure to watch for it!
Thank you to the readers for hanging out with me each day, even when I have nothing to say (which is far more often than I’d like!).
Nominate someone for the ebooks of Darkness Rising and Dark Velvet (steamy paranormal romance) and swag.
a Rafflecopter giveaway